Weakness

Humility is a blessing, and something we, ESPECIALLY me, forget that.

Pride says that I can do anything and everything alone, that I am sufficient. But Paul reminds us in 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I know that in some translations, the work perfect us synonymous with the word complete. That reminds me that when I fail, I know that I am not enough. But that when I rely on Christ for my strength, I am may complete because of Him. That I was never intended to do anything on my own. I was given talents and abilities, so that I may glorify God when I rely in Him. And also that the full extent of my talents and abilities are not fully manifested unless I rely on Christ as my all-in-all.

Anything that I have accomplished on my own because of pride, is simply a shadow of the glory that could have been manifested, had I given credit to and relied upon God.

Humility means that it is ok to fail, and that through Christ, the truth and reality of what is meant to be accomplished, will be.

0 comments: