Rebirth

6 years have gone by, 6 years without the laughter, the frustration. My father died 6 years ago yesterday. I worked, I live, I am without him. I cried, for the first time in along time, I wept. It took all day, sometime around 4-5 am this morning, I just wept like a child, missing his father.

Sleep finally overcame me and I only slept about 4 hours before waking up. Things are coming to a head now. My wife is expecting soon, I will be a father. Without my own father to guide me, to answer my questions, to tell me how I fucked up, haha.

So from the ashes of my grief, from the pain of this loss, I will rise. I will stand up and be the next generation and be the one. Let this new phoenix be born into a fresh and unshaken world. My Father, my Lord you are my guidance now and forever.

0 comments: